Tuesday, 1 July 2008

The Seventh Question

After finishing this train course, we have to go back to school. To be a good teacher, there are many qualities we need such as fun and interesting class, English ability, commitment, devotion, love, etc. Then what do you think is the most important quality to be a good teacher?

5 comments:

Anthony said...

Hi James,
One of my co-teachers said that "for the first 10 years we, teachers teach students with passion, for the next 10 years we teach them with skill, and then we teach them with love." I think these three qualities are all important in teaching students. Among them most important quality is love for each student. Just conveying knowledge without love is meaningless to them.

Anne said...

Hi, James!

I agree with Anthony.
Without love, nothing is complete, I believe.

But I know loving somebody with my heart is very difficult.

Neverthelss, I also believe with love we can do anything.

Good weekend!

JAKE said...

Definitely, the teaching skills! To love my students is necessary and good behavior as a teacher. But, the start point of a good relationship comes from mutual satisfaction. I think, the mutual satisfaction could come from good lesson in the classroom. So, the first step of a good teacher should be a good information provider. Anyway, I thank you for your devotion as a captain. You're quite generous type of a person. I envy you and I wish I could have that kind of quality as a man. Bye.

rose said...

Hi. James...
To be a good teacher...When I met this question always I think it's very difficult to answer because there are so many things that could be answer. I believe teacher is a kind of job that God has called to us to do the job like parents. That means it's so important that we could change one person's life.. So we need the attitude we should be a good teacher. Then we know and do something for that.

Carry said...

Well, I think, the most important qualities as a teacher are affection for students and passion for teaching children.
Even if someone has a great teaching skill, if he doesn't love children and teaching them, he can't be a good teacher.
(However, as you know, a teacher should have a professional knowledge of his subject and a skill to lead his class, otherwise students will ignore him)